Private Investigators in London are specialist professionals who are experienced in tracing people who have gone missing or are proving difficult to locate.
Tracing people can be a difficult task, however, when it’s done properly it can be very successful. Private Investigators have the skill and experience to trace people for a variety of reasons, it doesn’t always have to be simply a missing persons case.
Before we move on to the how, let’s take a look at why you may need a private investigator or tracing agent in London:
- Locating a missing person.
- Process serving.
- Finding a witness for court proceedings.
- Locating a person for debt collection or insurance purposes.
- If you need to locate someone who has been left something in a will.
There are other reasons you may need to trace someone, if you think you need to hire a private investigator, always have a chat through with them first to see if your needs will be met. It is also best to find a local private investigator or surveillance company, as they are more likely to have in-depth knowledge of the area where the missing person is from or resides.
Now we know why you may be looking for a private investigator, it’s important to understand their methods on how they may locate a person. This is because the industry is currently unregulated, which means you are at risk of legal action should the private investigator not conduct themselves in line with all current UK law. If at any point any person or agency you hire offers to break the law during an investigation, please report to the police.
Always read online reviews and look for private detectives, surveillance companies and tracing agents that are a part of UK recognised trade bodies, such as the Association of British Investigators (ABI) who hold all their members to a high standard of ethics code.
So, what are they legally allowed to do during the course of a location investigation?
1. Access public records such as unsealed court documents, property records, and birth records.
2. Check social media accounts and websites.
3. Search available public databases.
4. Contact family members and other known contacts.
5. Utilise surveillance techniques to observe the person’s actions.
6. Use GPS technology to track a vehicle, if they have permission from the owner and suspect the person they are trying to locate is using that vehicle. This can also be used by companies who are looking to track employees.
7. Conduct interviews with people who may have information on the individual.
8. Use skip tracing methods to trace the person’s address and other personal information.
10. Run background checks on the individual.
11. Carry out mobile phone and computer forensics to recover deleted information, when trying to trace an individual who has left behind a technical device such as a phone or laptop.
The first step in tracing people is to identify the individual’s last known whereabouts. This can be done using a variety of methods such as checking Electoral Roll records, public records, or even speaking to friends or colleagues who might know where the person is.
Once a person’s last known address is known, the Investigator can then use this as a starting point for their investigation. They can carry out an extensive search of the area, including door-to-door enquiries, in order to try and locate the individual. They can also look into other sources such as local businesses, schools, and even public transport networks, in order to try and establish contact with the individual.
In some cases, the private investigator may need to use more sophisticated methods in order to locate the individual, such as conducting surveillance, carrying out online searches, or even using electronic surveillance to gain access to the person’s whereabouts.
Private Investigators in London can also use their experience and contacts in the legal and financial sectors to help trace people. They can use these contacts to run background checks, establish financial records, or to help locate assets or property that the individual may have left behind.
Tracing people is a difficult task and it can be time-consuming and expensive. However, when it’s done properly it can be very successful. Here at OpSec Solutions, our investigators have the combined skill and years of experience in location services to get you the results you need.
We offer an initial consultation to assess the circumstances of your case and find out your requirements so we can tailor our services and investigations to your needs. This enables us to give you a clear price and there will be no unexpected or hidden costs.
All our location services in London are carried out with the utmost discretion and please be rest assured that all information collected during the course of an investigation will be dealt with sensitively and in line with all GDPR regulations. It does not matter whether you are a member of the public, business or a member of the legal profession, or if your case is straightforward or has a range of complexities, we can help you get the outcome you need. Please contact us today to discuss your options and book your consultation. You can get in touch via our website, by phone 0844-664-1125 or by email [email protected]